Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X General FAQMonday 19.01.09 - On the official H.A.W.X forum, Community Developer GKane has been answering all sorts of questions about H.A.W.X, from the PC tech specs to every detail about the planes themselves. Read on for plenty of detail, both general and specific, about the upcoming jet fighter game from Ubisoft.
Is H.A.W.X a simulator or an arcade game?
H.A.W.X is a good mix between simulation and arcade gameplay. We use a fully realistic physics engine that is tuned in a way that allows every player to be able to enjoy it. The focus is being put on the gameplay depth, not on the gameplay complexity. Even if, at a first glance, our game offers a very accessible piloting experience, we also managed to keep the experience very authentic, with a huge room for skills improvement over the time.
H.A.W.X does not aim to simulate reality, but to build on it and provide an experience that feels accurate, while allowing everybody to perform complex, fun and rewarding maneuvers.
So everybody will have the same weapons - how you use them is another matter...
Is the story behind H.A.W.X fictional or there will be real settings?
H.A.W.X takes place in the Tom Clancy universe; therefore you will pilot real planes, over real world locations.
All planes are strictly based on the real models in collaboration with each manufacturer and all missions' environments have been created using the exact satellite data from the original locations, in order to make the experience as authentic as possible.
The story takes place in the near future, between 2014 & 2019, with a scenario based on risks that are already anticipated by national agencies, news sources and military experts.
Will there be briefing room scenes before each mission of the game?
Yes, the player will be introduced in each mission with a briefing.
Will there be "fictional" planes or prototypes?
The game is "Tom Clancy". Our game will have only genuine planes that include amongst them also real prototypes. Every plane inside the game is brought into the game right from the real world.
How far away is H.A.W.X from games like "Lock On" or "IL2 Sturmovik"?
H.A.W.X is an authentic game providing a complete air combat experience for all types of gamers and delivers both deep and progressive gameplay; we combine the reality of plane physics with a constant attention to player's control.
Therefore, compared to these very simulation-oriented games, H.A.W.X brings accessibility and a very well paced learning curve. The idea is to have the player feel like an elite pilot of tomorrow in 20 minutes and not after 20 hours of study. But we also ensured that even the most skilled pilot will keep learning new tricks, even after lots of hours of dogfighting. H.A.W.X offers many more options in terms of maneuverability than the usual jet fighter game.
When will the game be released?
Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X is due for release in March 2009.
How realistic will the control of the planes be?
Each aircraft will have a distinctive behavior based on its real capabilities and supported by the game's physics engine. The player's skill in controlling the aircraft and his/her ability to take its specific strengths into account will make a big difference.
However, we didn't want to restrict the game to a certain audience, which is the case if you go full simulation oriented. That's why, in order to ensure that a wider audience will enjoy the air combat experience, we decided to tune some physics parameters, while still respecting the authenticity of air combat. Again, this is about providing the same tools to everyone from the start.
U-Boat Expansion for Silent Hunter IV Now AvailableTuesday 11.03.08 - U-Boat Missions, the explosive expansion for Silent Hunter IV: Wolves of the Pacific is now out.
Click here to buy it from the Ubisoft store.
Experience the thrill of the hunt! Prowl the waters as the captain of a German submarine in a never-before-seen theatre of operations – the Indian Ocean. Take part in the war against British supply lines off the coast of North Africa and support the Japanese war against the U.S. Navy.
Developed by Ubisoft Romania, Silent Hunter: Wolves of the Pacific U-Boat Missions is an add-on that extends the gameplay experience by focusing on the historically accurate but largely unknown German U-boat campaign in the Indian Ocean during World War II.
Silent Hunter: Wolves of the Pacific U-Boat Missions Download Features
- German Campaign in the Indian Ocean: The new campaign spans from July 1943 until the end of the war for Germany in May 1945. Operate from such far-off Japanese naval bases as Penang, Singapore, Jakarta and Surabaya.
- Strategic Warfare: Rise in rank and experience, gaining access to new strategic resources, such as recon aircrafts that track down enemy shipping, and battle groups that can help wipe out superior enemy forces.
- New Playable Submarines: Take to the seas in new German submarines, including the long-range Type IX-D2 U-boat and the revolutionary Walther propulsion type XVIII U-boat. Learn the strengths and weaknesses of these boats and how you can overcome even elite, late-war allied destroyers with high-speed hit-and-run attacks.
- Heroes: Based on actual historical figures, these new crew members add a number of special abilities that can change the fate of battles and save the ship when the time is right, as well as adding historical color to the game.
- Better Accessibility: New and improved features such as intelligence information, navigation maps and upgrade systems ensure that U-Boat Missions will give players the expansion they’ve been waiting for.
Silent Hunter IV: Wolves of the Pacific U-Boat Missions Add-on Available SoonMonday 19.11.07 - Click here for more information about the contents.
Also, there are 11 new screenshots from the add-on pack here, enjoy!